Friday, September 5, 2008

Psalm 70-71: True hope


Lessons from David- Psalms 70-71

True hope in a situation of despair, like David's, can be found only in God. Note how David:

a) knows God can rescue him from ANY situation v1

b) knows God will protect him in any situation-
'Be my rock of refuge, to which I can always go' (3)

c) knows that God will definitely save him from hell and give him eternal life-
'You will again bring me up' (20)

d) accepts that God knows what He's doing, and his job is to trust and praise Him-
'But may all who seek You rejoice and be glad in You' (4)
'You have been my hope, O Sovereign Lord, my confidence since my youth. From my birth I have relied on You.' (5-6)
'My mouth will tell of Your righteousness, of Your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure.' (15)
'Though You have made me see troubles, many and bitter, You will restore my life again' (20).

No comments: